News and Announcements
Hello Racers and Parents!
As the temperature gets cooler, we are getting closer to getting back on snow!
Whether you are returning for another season of training with FR or are new and looking for information on the upcoming season, you are welcome to join us for a zoom call where we will do our best to answer any and all questions after giving a quick overview of the program changes this season.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 28, 2021 at 7:00pm.
If you are new, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the zoom login information. If you are returning, you will receive a message prior to the meeting with the meeting ID and password.
If you are unable to make this meeting and would like to receive the team update, please email email@example.com and we will send you the notes or can schedule a phone call if you have any questions about the upcoming season.
See you all on the slopes before we know it!
Limited availability. Only a few spots open for each program.
Friday afternoon Gate Training 1-3 pm: 8 spots
Saturday morning TFS & SX 9:30 am-11:30: 5 spots
Saturday afternoon Gate Training 1-3 pm: 4 spots
Sunday morning Gate Training 9:30 am-11:30 am: 2 spots
Things are finally looking up in Ontario!
The conditions are great! B-Netting is going up!
2-Day February Return to Snow Camp starts tomorrow!
Regular season programs start next week!
This is what ski season is supposed to feel like! Finally!!
If you can’t tell, we are super excited to be back on snow!
WHAT IS AOA & WHAT DOES IT DO?
Alpine Ontario Alpin (AOA) is a not-for-profit provincial sport organization responsible for compliance and regulations in alpine ski racing, para-alpine racing, and ski cross racing. Alpine Ontario Alpin (AOA) has over 30,000 members and 40 member ski clubs, which include athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, officials, and corporate partners. AOA headquarters are based in Collingwood with eight full-time office staff dedicated to operations, administration, communications, and athletic and technical development, as well as a staff of highly qualified coaches operating the Ontario Ski Team. The organization as a whole is governed by an elected independent Board of Directors.
AOA raises money through sponsorship, government funding, donations, and membership fees. These monies are used to develop the following services:
- AOA is the link to the National Sport Organization, Alpine Canada Alpin, for its clubs and members in Ontario.
- Manages the governance structure for Ontario Ski Racing.
- Organizes and sanctions the entire Ontario race series and provincial championships (more than 300 races per year) from the U8 level up to U19/FIS.
- Hosting of hundreds of races across the four Ontario Divisions: National Capital Division (NCD), Lake Superior Division (LSDA), Northern Ontario Division (NOD) and Southern Ontario Division (SOD)
- Provide, administrate and pay for General Liability Insurance for all our members and affiliated clubs through the Canadian Snowsports Association.
- Provides, administrate and pay for Directors & Officers insurance to all our regional members and affiliated clubs. This is a free service to our members and clubs.
- Manage the resolution of conflicts and other official complaints in accordance with AOA policies.
- Apply for grants of all types on behalf of ski racing.
- Create a safe environment through education, policies and as reflected on our website.
- Provide communications within the Ontario ski racing community for sport branding and promotion including producing promotional videos for our sport, managing databases, a newsletter and several websites.
- Coordinate fundraising events for our high-performance programs so that we can bring athletes to the National Ski Team.
- Implement provincial fundraisers that bring over 100K$ into the Alpine Ontario Ski Racing structure.
- Manage the Ontario Ski Team (OST) and under the AOA/SOD Partnership the SOD Ski Team (SODST).
- Implement high-performance development programs to bring athletes all the way up to the national Ski Team including U16 HPP, U19 HPP and the OST.
- Organise high-performance skills camps for all age groups (developmental and performance).
- Provide high-performance staff that work closely with our regional programs.
- Coordinate access to grants, bursaries and scholarships.
- Coordinate out-of-province ONT delegations.
- Event infrastructure and capacity development.
- Manage, coordinate and deliver all levels of education for coaches and officials in ONT.
- Work with Volunteers and the Officials Chair to provide training.
- Manage Partner contracts and obligations to fulfil member benefits and discounts.
- Organise annual educational events for coaches and officials in the spring & fall.
- Represent ONT at various national meetings.
- Provide tools and safety equipment for our race event organisers.
- Provide financial and technical support to our race organisers.
- ALPINE ONTARIO MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- Athlete Development through program design, race series, and pathways.
- Race Support through the Officials Program design, certification.
- Communications via the website, social media, newsletters, and meetings.
- Coaching and Education pathways, certification.
- Officials Training.
- Coordinating bursaries and grants.
- Insurance programs to cover skier and sport insurance as a whole.
- Member Benefits & Discounts including the 10% Sporting Life discount card.
AOA strives for excellence, passion and inclusiveness amongst our athletes, coaches and volunteers.
Recognized as a world class organization and the provincial leader in Canada in alpine and para alpine skiing
To provide leadership and structure for high quality, sustainable and affordable programming, and communicate the competitive, recreational and lifestyle benefits of ski racing to the community.
Excellence, Passion, Competition, Fun, Safety, Sportsmanship & Fair Play, and Personal Development.
For more information please visit:
The document Alpine_Ontario_Alpin_Who_We_Are.pdf was attached to this post.
Last chance to register and save with Early Bird Pricing!
Deadline is November 1, 2020 – Register now to Save!
Here are the links to register:
SL Training: http://www.fenningerracing.com/forms/22893-Register-for-SL-Training-at-Earl-Bales-2020-2021
Feel free to share this rate with friends and fellow racers so they can take advantage of the offer too!